The SPX-65 is a full-range, self-powered sound reinforcement system with a tightly controlled vertical dispersion pattern, which improves the acoustic coupling at shorter distance. This feature enables several SPX-65’s to be flown or stacked to emulate a medium size curved line source. SPX-65 cabinets can be used in vertical configurations starting from one cabinet, up to six cabinets with the partly integrated rigging system.
The SPX-65 packs a carefully matched 12-inch mid/bass driver and two 1-inch HF drivers, each loaded on a Wave-shape-transformer™ entering the constant directivity horn with 65 degrees horizontal and 20 degrees vertical dispersion. The SPX-65 excels in smooth acoustic coupling, vocal transparency and SPL in small to medium sized configurations. Together with an accompanying sub low system, like an SP18 sub cabinet, the frequency response can be extended an octave downwards. For most programme material the power balance between one SPX-65 and one SP18 sub-low will be just right.
The SPX-65 is part of the SOUND PROJECTS Sigma Series (hybrid line-array line) and is the result of endeavours to create the ultimate modular sound reinforcement system. It encompasses a ribbon source line-array as well as more conventional point source systems.
Efficient high-fidelity drivers ...
Technical spec data
- Drivers: 2 x 1”, 1 x 12" High Power low weight Neodymium design.
- Freq. response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 132dB crest factor 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: 65H x 15V (rotatable)
- Amplifier(s): MA1000™ technology
- Output: 1000W sine (DALC limited)
- Crossover: 1 kHz, 4th order
- Filter subsonic: 60Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 300 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 32 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 600x395x405 (trapezoid)
- Rigging points: Integrated SPX flypoints, recessed polemount.
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient