SPX-60 is a full-range, self-powered sound reinforcement system with a rotatable horn with a tightly controlled vertical dispersion pattern. This feature enables the use of the SPX-60 as a stand alone system or several SPX-60’s to be flown or stacked to emulate a small size curved line source. The SPX-60 can be used in vertical configurations starting from one cabinet, up to six cabinets with the present rigging system.
The SPX-60 packs a carefully matched 12-inch mid/bass driver and a 1.4-inch HF driver loaded on a rotatable constant directivity horn with 60 degrees horizontal and 40 degrees vertical dispersion. The SPX-60 excels in smooth acoustic coupling, vocal transparency and SPL in small to medium sized configurations. Together with an accompanying sub low system, like an SP15 or SP18 sub cabinet, the frequency response can be extended an octave downwards. For most programme material the power balance between one SPX-60 and two SP15's or one SP18 sub-low will be just right.
The SPX-60 is part of the SOUND PROJECTS hybrid line-array series encompassing a ribbon source line-array as well as more conventional point source systems.
Efficient high-fidelity drivers ...
Technical spec data
- Drivers: 1 x 1.4”, 1 x 12" High Power low weight Neodymium design.
- Freq. response: 60Hz-20kHz
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 134dB / crest factor 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: 60H x 40V (rotatable)
- Amplifier(s): MA1000™ technology
- Output: 1000W sine (DALC limited)
- Crossover: 1 kHz, 4th order
- Filter subsonic: 60Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 300 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 32 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 395x600x405 (trapezoid)
- Rigging points: Integrated SPX flypoints, recessed polemount.
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient