The SP221 is an elegant self-powered sub low system that gets the maxiamum out of the mininum.
The SP221 proves that a super sub cabinet doesn't have to be heavy.
A massive 13 layer plywood, optimally braced cabinet design loads two impressive neodymium magnet loudspeaker assemblies. Including the 5000 Watt ultra-light CCD Amps the SP221 is an
impressive featherweight of just above 100kg.
Dimensions are optimised to match international truckload size. Ergonomic, 12 point grip point layout a combination of 8 castor positions, polyurethane coationg, additional corner protection and
multiple slide bars facilitate transport.
The SP221 will endow any kind of F.O.H or distributed sound system with a rock solid foundation
in the lowest audible octaves. The SALC (single Audio-Logic Control) speaker management is a
proprietary RMS based gain riding circuit which maintains the tonal balance of the sound as
perceived by the human ear. Especially at high levels. Additionally it protects the drivers from over
excursion or overheating.
To match the desired cabinet dimensions with maximum effciency in the lowest octave, state-of-
the-art computer aided modeliing techniques and acoustic calculation programs are used to precisely indicate the manifold reinforcing ribs and port tuning.
Technical spec data
- Drivers: 1 x 21" high power, low weight, neodymium design
- Freq. response: 25-60Hz/FR (switch)
- Max. peak SPL @1m: 134dB c.f. 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD™ technology
- Output: 2400W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60 Hz
- Filter subsonic: 25Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: < 3000 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB c.f. within --the specified range)
- D.A.L.C. (Dual AudioLogic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction: cross grain laminated Multiplex with multiple bracings
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 62 kg
- Size WxHxD (mm): 600x750x620 (748)
- Rigging points: optional flying side frames
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors: powercon in, powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient