The SP15E is a compact self-powered high SPL subbass system.
The cabinet is constructed of a rigid, multilayer birch ply reinforced with multiple bracing and finished with a sturdy coating. An impressive featherwieght of 50kg solid sub due to an inventive cabinet construciton loading a light, 4 inch coil, neodymium driver and ultralight 1500 Watts CCD amp.
Cabinet demensions are optimised for international tucksize.
Ergonomical grippoint layout, nano armor polyurethane coating and addtioanl corner protection with multiple slide bars facilitate easy transport. Protetive sildebars facilitate locked stacking of more cabinets. polemounting can be done standing or flat. The SP18E will endow any of F.O.H system with a rock solid foundation in the lowest audible octaves.
The S.A.L.C(Single Audio-Logic level control) speaker management is proprietray RMS based gain riding circuit which maintains the tonal balance of the sound as preceived bt the human ear and protects the drivers from over excursion or overheating. A recessed switch facilitates Sound Projects standard* or free external lowpass selection.
*60Hz @ 24dB Butterworth
Technical spec data
- Drivers: 1 x 15" High Power, Low distortion, long excursion design.
- Double, impregnated spider and ventilated coil gap for reduced power compression.
- Freq. response: 30-60/100Hz (switchable)
- Max. peak SPL @ 1m: 130dB
- crest factor 2 (6 dB)
- Coverage angle: omni-directional
- Amplifier(s): CCD ™ technology
- Output: 2000 W sine (DALC limited)
- Low pass 4th order: 60/100Hz
- Filter subsonic: 30Hz, 2nd order
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced,
- 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Output impedance: hard-wired to input
- Power consumption.
- Mains voltage: 230V (other on request)
- Mains frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Idle: < 50VA
- Full load: 1200 VA. DALC limited Ref. to continuous pink noise signal (6 dB crest factor within the specified range)
- S.A.L.C. (Single Audio Logic Control)
- Protection threshold: +4dBU
- Transient (soft power-up)
- DC-voltage short-circuit
- LED indication: power-on/
- signal/protect/switch (60Hz/Fr)
Additional descriptive data:
- Cabinet construction:
- cross grain laminated multiplex
- Finish: Nano-armor™ coating
- Weight: 50 kg including castors
- Size WxHxD (mm): 450x750x620 (748)
- Rigging points: Optional Uni Rigging
- Audio connectors: IEC XLR-3 in/out
- Main connectors:
- Powercon in, Powercon out
- Max. operating temp.: -10 to 40 C ambient